Inglés Jurídico / Inglés LegalLegal English Workshop
- Nivel intermedio
Hablar inglés de manera fluida.
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
Mario González-Hernández studied law at the Universidad de Guadalajara in 2001 and a postgraduate course on Liability and Contract Law at Universidad Panamericana in 2003. His expertise as an ESL teacher began back in 1996 when he worked for Harmon Hall, and a few years later, for Berlitz de México S.A. He is also certified by the University of Michigan as Proficient in English as a Second Language. He became an expert translator for the State Supreme Court of Justice in Jalisco.
The Legal English Workshop is a 12-year-old practical seminar designed by professor Mario González-Hernandez. This course has been thought to provide ESL law students with advanced learning resources so that they become more confident in the use of English as a Second Language within a legal context.
The course covers a wide range of activities and topics which shall provide participants with practical knowledge on relevant grammar points and legal terminology. The workshop is divided into the following twenty lessons.Program
- Diagnostic Preliminary Test
- Concepts, Terms and Definitions
- The Elements of the Sentence
- Connecting Ideas
- Tenses & Modals
- Nouns, Adjectives and Adverbs
- Summing up & Developing Ideas
- Basics of Legal Translation
- Common Documents and Forms
- English-Spanish Translation of Contracts
- Spanish-English Translation of Contracts
- English-Spanish Translation of Legal Provisions
- Spanish-English Translation of Legal Provisions
- Phonetics & Pronunciation
- Listening Skills & Note-Taking Strategies
- Basics of Interpreting
- Listening & Interpreting Exercises
- Speaking & Speech-Making Skills
- Closing Activities
Each lesson contains live instruction, activities and resources for students to use in and out of the classroom.