I. Introduction to Non-Destructive Tests. (2.5 h)
II. Training, Qualification and Certification scheme for END staff. (1 hour)
III. Description of the method (1 hour)
- Distortion of the magnetic flux lines.
- Applications, advantages and limitations.
IV. Basic principles of magnetism. (1.5 h)
- Magnetic domains
- Orientation of the flow lines.
- Materials influenced by magnetic fields.
V. Types of Magnetic Particles and their use. (2 h)
- Examination medium or Magnetic Particles.
- Types of Magnetic Particles.
- Determination of concentration.
SAW. Principles of magnetization. (2 h)
VII. Lighting requirements and verification equipment. (1 hour)
- Induction of a magnetic flux.
- Types of Magnetizing Currents.
- Magnetic hysteresis curve.
- Visible light and ambient light.
- Black light (ultraviolet).
VIII. Direct magnetization techniques using electric current. (2.5 h)
- Contact tips.
- Shot between heads.
- Clamps or jaws.
IX. Practice # 1 . "Electromagnetic yoke and visible dry particles". (2.5 h)
X. Elaboration of procedures. (2 h)
- Preparation of a written inspection procedure for Magnetic Particles.
XI. Indirect magnetization techniques using electric current. (3.5 h)
- Electromagnetic yoke.
- Coil and coiled cable.
- Central conductor.
- Induced current.
XII. Practice # 2 . "And electromagnetic ugo and fluorescent wet particles." (2.5 h)
XIII. Multidirectional magnetization. (1 hour)
XIV. Evaluation of the functionality and sensitivity of the system and verification intervals. (2 h)
XV Demagnetization techniques. (2 h)
- Demagnetization techniques using electric current.
- Measurement of residual magnetic flux.
XVI. Practice # 3 . " Coil and Central Driver". (3 h)
XVII. Definition of technical terms. (1 hour)
- Standard terminology for Non-Destructive Testing, ASTM E1316-99.
XVIII. Codes, Standards, Specifications and Recommended Practices. (3 h)
- ASME Code Sec. V and Sec. VIII Div. 1.
- ANSI / AWS code D1.1.
- ASME code B31.3.
- API Standard 1104
XIX Classification of discontinuities. (4 h)
- Inherent discontinuities.
- Process discontinuities.
- Service discontinuities.
XX. Final evaluation exam. (8 h)
- General Exam
- Specific Exam.
- Practical test.